Vectrix Rolls Into the United States July 26, 2007
World’s first high-powered, zero emission vehicle begins deliveries and builds distribution network across the country
Vectrix – the world’s first two- wheel zero emission vehicle (ZEV) designed to offer high performance — has launched in the United States, beginning its first customer deliveries and establishing a distribution network across the country.
Vectrix is the first ZEV to offer performance and style along with a clean, efficient, electric motor. It was designed to provide reliable and affordable transportation for commuting and recreational needs, help relieve traffic congestion and pollution, and mitigate parking hassles and inflexible public transportation.
See a video preview of Vectrix at http://www.myvectrix.com/vectrixexperience.html.
“Once people see and ride Vectrix, they understand there’s nothing else like it in the world,” said Vectrix founder Andrew MacGowan. “Vectrix will revolutionize personal transportation.”
- Offers low running costs, minimal maintenance, simple operation and low noise.
- Reaches top speed of 62 mph and offers acceleration from 0-50 mph in 6.8 seconds.
- Has average range of 40-60 miles with a maximum range of 68 miles on a single charge.
- Weighs 462 pounds, has a 60-inch wheelbase and 30-inch seat height, and seats two comfortably.
Compared to traditional gasoline scooters that can produce up to 10 times the pollution of an average automobile, Vectrix is totally emissions free. It is virtually silent and highly efficient — a patented regenerative braking system redirects energy back into the Vectrix battery pack, which helps to extend its range by up to 12 percent.
The smart, sleek Vectrix has sophisticated design efficiencies that include a high-efficiency gearbox and drive train, aluminum construction for weight reduction and aerodynamic styling to reduce drag. Its low center of gravity, stiff frame and even weight distribution provide superior handling.
For consumers with urban commutes, Vectrix is both convenient and cost effective. The driver can stop and go with one hand by simply twisting the throttle back for acceleration and twisting it forward to slow down smoothly and safely. Fast acceleration and handling make it easy and safe to zip in and out of traffic. Plus, an onboard charger plugs in to any standard 110/220V electrical outlet to charge the battery pack in just two hours.
It’s more cost effective than gas or hybrid vehicles, since electricity is now one-tenth the cost of gasoline, and the Vectrix Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) battery pack has an estimated life of up to 10 years based on 5,000 miles per year.
Additional savings may be available from government rebates, local subsidies and exemptions from road tax, property tax, registration fees and inner-city congestion charges.
The U.S. customer delivery of a Vectrix took place on July 18 in Lebanon, Pa., with additional deliveries taking place in across the country. The first Vectrix retail store is scheduled to open this summer in Newport.
Vectrix can be ordered online at http://www.vectrix.com/ or through distributors in a growing number of U.S. cities and surrounding areas. Currently, distribution networks are in the mid-Atlantic region, including New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Delaware, Maryland and Washington, D.C., as well as Los Angeles, Austin, Seattle, Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Miami and West Palm Beach.
Upcoming Vectrix events and appearances include:
- July 28-29: Concours d’Elegance at the Newport Mansions in Newport, R.I.
- August 9: Vectrix Test Ride Event at the Presidio with British Motor Car Distributors LTD (BMC) in San Francisco.
- August 11-12: Vectrix Test Ride Event with The Green Car Company in Seattle.
- August 18: Vectrix Store Grand Opening in Newport, R.I.
- August 25: 35th Annual Electric Car Rally & Show in Palo Alto, Calif.
- September 28-29: AltWheels Alternative Transportation & Energy Festival in Boston.